Thursday, August 11, 2005

Things Found...

So here it is.... my new topic for once a week. "Things Found"

::Where I got the idea::
Over the weekend my sister and I went to the Super Walmart up in Central Square NY. It's not that far from camp so if we need anything we don't pass up the chance to go. Going there from home we'd be passing a regular Walmart and it just seems like too far to go, but if we're up at camp... well... we're past the regular Walmart and closer to the Super Center. So... anyway...
As we're getting a cart my sister looks in the cart and finds a shopping list. She holds it up and says she should send it to the guy she just heard about that saves things people find. All you have to do is send it to him. It didn't hit me at first, but how can someone save things that people find? Wouldn't you need like a huge place to store them? What a mess! What would stop someone from sending you things like found used baby diapers and found dog doo? I'm not sure what she heard, but I "found" this site.. Found Magazine Sure enough.. you can send them "found" things and they'll publish them.

Now I'm not into stealing ideas here, but you know... I sometimes have a lack of ideas for posting on my blog and it just so happens that the day after we found the list in the Walmart shoppping cart, I found a handfull of other things too. So why not make my own "found" topic on my blog once a week of all the things I find. Now I'm not talking about finding my lost shoe or earring. I'm talking about finding things that I didn't know I had or things that come into my life all on their own or with the help from another person known to me or a strange as in the case of the list at Walmart.

Feel free to use this idea on your own blog. It'd be cool to see what other people stumble upon in their week. Things noone really pays too much attention too. If you do this, let me know so I can check out your finds.

So without saying more, here is my first post with this weeks finds....
look below the pic for an explaination of the "things"
::Things Found::
::Week 1::
























From the washing machine - A handfull of wrappers(from Mikey's shorts pockets that he wore swimming), 2-1 dollar bills (that's Mom's fun money now!) and a nut (I hope it's not actually from the washing machine! lol)
From the Walmart shopping cart is the "need list" hope the person who lost it, doesn't "need" it :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisanne said...

I think that's a neat idea for posts, Terri! It's interesting to see what you found!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

That is too cool! Great idea!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Thanks Gals! I can't wait to keep my eyes open for more "finds"

9:52 PM  
Blogger me said...

Oh, fun! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

I'm with you, if I find money in the washing machine, it's mine!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home