Sunday, September 04, 2005

Relaxing and sharing pic's of our day...

Sitting here relaxing a bit, watching "School of Rock" and thinking back over the events of the day. I was able to stay away from the news pretty much most of the day. Finally this evening when Sherm and Mikey were on the computers and I sat knitting a sock, I clicked over to FoxNews. I'm so glad to see that the media is *finally* showing "good news" about the disaster. One gentleman had gotten a hold of (I refuse to say "looted" in this case) all kinds of things for babies. Diapers, formula, diaper wipes, powder, pedialite, etc and was handing the stuff out to Mom's with babies. What got me choked up was one lady who had 2 kids (1 year and 3 months old?) he offered her diapers and she took them and when he went to give her more she said "No, others need them too". You know.... all it takes is something like to make you smile.

So today we did some stuff out in the yard... I attacked my monster sunflower plants. I never expected them to get this huge. At one point they were taller than the house! Hidden in there is a garden arch, a metal bench and several pot of flowers! lol I want sunflowers again next year, but I'm going to plant them all behind the bench, not in front. These aren't the only ones I have either. I have 2 more down the side of the yard to the right.


The wind and rain from Katrina really gave them quite a ride and I had one plant break off at about head high. It was the plant that was taller then the peak of the house. I broke off the flowers that had been on the branched that broke and I piled them to dry...
Just a few of them....


While I was out in the garden I snapped a few pic's of my very late hollyhock. I'm not sure why only one plant produced a stalk and flowers.. my guess.. I may have damaged the main tap root in transplanting, but that's only a guess as the package of seeds warned about being becareful of it when handling the plant.



While I was in the front yard, the guys were in the back yard tackling a little project that has been looking at us all summer long, but we've been putting off. It's been Mikey's for 6 years.... bought used for $75.00 and I have to say that it was a great invesment. Not only did Mikey use it, but at one time there was 12 kids on it at once! Sherm and I used it too.
Please join us in saying good-bye to Mikey's swing set..

Here they already have the swing part down... it went to the right with a ladder overhead and a ladder on the end and had places for 3 swings...

Even Lucy wanted in on the action....

Here it's totally down before they piled the lumber by our shed. We're going to make use of a good portion of the lumber in a few weeks when we rebuild the little cover over our front steps.


So what are your plans for Sunday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home