Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What a crock...

Crock... pot....that is...
Over at Lisanne's she is sharing an awesome sounding dessert crock-pot recipe today and that reminded me about my recent crock pot cooking over the weekend. Ok it's not all that special, but it was a milestone in my book. For the longest time I couldn't get Mikey to eat my stew. He hated it which really sucked because when I make stew it's a 2 day meal and it's so darn cheap to make. Well after several talks about me cooking stew and him finally agreeing to try it we came to the agreement that I wouldn't cook it with tomatoes and what do you know... I got 2 thumbs up! WOO HOO! Success! Another cheap meal I can serve every other week to make our food dollars go a bit further!! So check out that recipe at Lisanne's ...it sounds like a winner.

We're finally feeling a bit Fall like here today. Ths morning we had some thunder storms roll through and now the sky is clear and cool dryer air has moved in. On the news last night they showed our weather for the next 10 days and there were a few days next week where we aren't going to get much over 60! Fall falls this thursday and I guess it's right on time! I can't wait to wear sweaters and hand knit socks. Bundle up in the evening and cuddle up in bed.

Off to see what I can dig up for lunch. What are your plans for the day?

3 Comments:

Blogger Len Ja said...

how in the world did u do ur webpage.. looks really nice.. and creative...

12:37 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

LOL, I thought for sure you were going to share a tempting dessert too! Thanks for not doing that. :)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lisanne said...

Thanks for the mention! :) I love our crockpot. It's one of the best wedding presents that we received! I've used it SO much lately!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home