Friday, September 23, 2005

Yarn, crime and things...

::Project Report::
Well here it is... my first yarn! Dyed with 1 packet Flavorade Berry Punch and 1 packet Mixade Berry Punch... there was a differance in the colors and they mixed up cool. The pic shows it a bit bluer than it really is. To me it's a bit more robins egg color than the pic. I can't wait to finish Sherms house socks so I can knit this up into something. I'm not sure how much I have here, but I should be able to get a nice thin scarf out of it. This afternoon I'm going to dye up the remaining roving I have here for my next spinning project. That too will probably become a scarf, but this next one I plan on spinning a lot thinner so I'll end up with more yardage.

::Yikes!::
This didn't make the headlines and was a big pain in the butt to find again on the newspapers website. Here we go again with shootings being burried and forgotten in Syracuse. Guess they're waiting for all the gang bangers to just shoot each other for the problem to go away..

Passenger in car shot outside Syracuse school
A Syracuse man was shot in the abdomen shortly before 1 p.m. Wednesday outside Frazer Elementary School, city police said.

Kamar Boatman, 20, of Melbourne Avenue, was a passenger in a car on Richmond Avenue when a dark-colored vehicle pulled up next to it. Occupants in both cars were arguing and then someone fired several shots at the car Boatman was in, said Sgt. Tom Connellan, speaking for city police.
Officials said Boatman's injuries are not considered life-threatening.

(story from Syracuse.com... pasted here because they burried it!!)

This archived story has been shortened from the origianl that was published the day after the shooting took place.... whats missing is the info about the school going on lockdown! It was that close to the school!
Frazer Elementary School is K-8th grade with a total of 824 students. If it were up to me to punish this shooter... he would be charged with 824 counts of endangering the welfare of a child!!!
*bites tongue*
That's all I have to say about that...

::Today Is::
Friday September 23, 2005
Native American Day
Chocolate Day
Checkers Day
and
Dogs In Politics Day

Yay for Chocolate Day!!! :P

Yesterday was the first day of Fall.

Sorry I missed posting yesterday. Mikey had his first 1/2 day of school (the teachers needed a break already?? lol) He got into playing a game and I took a nap. lol Honestly. I took over a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon. I was out in the sun mowing the yard most of the morning and harvesting the last of my sunflowers. It was hotter than heck and just after Mikey got home the puppy decided to break her lead and take off in the woods again. I think I was a bit tired out!

My plans for the weekend..... talk Sherm into going to the Dr. to have his back checked *whistles a little 5 note tune* ok... that's how long that conversation will last with me still needing to talk him into going. UGH! MEN! I refuse to push his your butt around in a wheel chair just because he's you're a stuburn old poop!! (So there :P)

Grocery shopping tonight. Laundry over the weekend and at some point we need to get a few areas of the driveway recoated because there are a few thin spots in the sealer. That's about it. Maybe rent a movie or something. I'm feeling the need to kick someones butt in UNO.

What are your plans for the weekend?

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Cool yarn! What'd Sherm do to his back?

2:25 PM  
Blogger Squidley63 said...

he busticated it for no apparent reason.......

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home