Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yawn...


Wow 5am is early! Especially since I've been sleeping 'til 10am all summer!
Mikey is off on his first day of middle school... he was out the door at 6:30. I don't remember getting up that early when I was in the same school. Maybe because I lived so close and I was a walker. I think I left the house at about 7:40am to be there for 8. We had a little moment this morning when we both thought he lost his postcard bus pass, but then I remembered he had brought it outside the other day to show Vickie and I put it in my knitting bag while I was outside. *whew*

Ok I have a little rant brewing inside me....

When will either the local government or the federal government say that neither were prepared for the hurricane in and leave it at that? For crying out loud. I don't know how any government could be prepared for something like that. This country has never been through a disaster of that size and until you have.... you can't be prepared for it!! Stop wasting time and energy on who is to blame and just get to work on cleaning up. There is only one thing to blame for this.... nature. One of the most unpredictable forces in our world. The president isn't to blame... the feds aren't to blame... the locals aren't to blame... just good old Mother Nature. We're lucky now... now that we fully see what she can do and we should take this as a learning experience so next time Mother nature roars her song we'll be ready and waiting for her!

End of rant...
Now I'm going to get ready to go to a craft store! Without a child! woo hoo! My first trip to a craft store since June that I haven't either had a child with me or I was in a hurry to get home because he didn't want to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home