Monday, October 03, 2005

Catching Up and Halloween Decorations

Not much has been going on around here. Seems like I just get a few minutes to jump on-line and someone wants something from me *sigh* oh well... someone has to keep things going around here... it might as well be me. I'm the one with the fewest aches and pains, though I have to say the knee I had surgery on a few years ago has a new pain.... a pain just like I had in it before, but this time it's on the other side. I hope I haven't torn the other side of the meniscus. :( Sherm finally went to see our Dr. on Friday afternoon and is now set up for an MRI on his back this Friday and he starts physical therapy Wednesday afternoon.

This past weekend's weather was perfect. Sunny and warm. We took advantage of the weather and put up our Halloween decorations.

Here's the graveyard.... Different this year from past Halloweens is the fence type thing around the back made of bamboo garden stakes painted splotchy white with black (purple) and orange lights strung between them and the arch in the front. Seems like we make it a touch bigger every year. We're thinking we need bigger grave markers next year. The ones we have now are store bought and they just don't have the needed touch for the new look with the arch and the fence. We'll be making some really neat looking ones for next year.

















We have a good portion of the house lit up. Our 3 season room on the right (you can't see it very well here) has a flaming cauldron and lit pumpkin, flashing eye lights and orange lights. On the left side is the front porch and that has orange lights around the top, a lit wreath, 4 lit pumpkins, a rattle bones windchime that has flashing lights and is sound activated.
Here's a close up of the partial coffin in the back of the graveyard















And one last one of lights on the wreath on my front porch















After Halloween all I have to do is take the pumpkin and ghost lights off and I have a lighted fall leaf wreath on my porch :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Cool decorations! I wondered where you'd been. Hope all is well there!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous GhostOfSteve said...

BOO!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

CJ - Yep I'm here! If you were to drive down our street you'd think everyone had lost their minds. It's like a decoration competition!

ghostofsteve - Eeeek! :O

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home