Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Heart attack...

Hold your shorts...I didn't have a heart attack, but I sure got a heck of a cardio work out that left me with a pounding heart that felt like I was going to have one though...

The event took place as follows....

Rattle... Rattle
Me: *gasp* mutes TV
Rattle... rattle...bump..rat... bump...slide... thump bump
Lucy: AROOOOO *stands up on couch*
Rattle... bump.. bump... bump
Me: *gasp* heart is racing
Front door: bam!BAM! creeeeek bam
silence....
rattle slide bam
Me: hair stands up on back of neck.... cold sweat hits me
Lucy: AROOOOO Woof Woof *tips head all the way sideways as if that will help her hear what the sound is*
Abby: Woof (the great protector dog! lol)
Thump! Bam bump!
Then silence again.... except for my heart pounding in my chest...

I walk to the door this time, peek out the small window and what do I see....



Why... it's one of the many squirrels from my front yard trying to get into the large tin I keep the bird seed in on the front porch. Not only was it trying to get in the tin, but it was knocking at the door as if to say..."Hey Lady, we ate all the food in the bird feeder and we want more damn-it!!"

Well Mr. Squirrel got a little surprise... We bring the dog run the door so all we have to do is hook a dog and open the door without having to step out and get wet or snowy etc. Lucy has been a squirrel freak since she got out this summer into the woods and if you tell her to go get the squirrel she knows what she has to do.... neither expected what they saw when I opened that door!! ROFL!!! I don't think that squirrel touched the ground between the front deck and the tree in the neighbors front yard!! Lucy had a great time running off the other squirrels in the front yard all of whom I assume were told to split by the squirrel that was on the deck! What a hoot! but I better bring in the bird food... it'll only be a matter of time before they figure out how to open that tin.... it holds almost 5 lbs of food at a time.... a drop in a bucket for a group of squirrels. It would be gone in a day!


2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Too funny! I'm surprised the squirrel didn't die from a heart attack himself. LOL!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

They haven't been back since! but it's only a matter of time before they forget about what happened and come back. Then it's time to let the dog have fun again.... it's such a circus around here sometimes!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home