Thursday, October 13, 2005

Now I'm messin' with them!

Bam.. slide... crinkle... ting... ting... crinkle..

Not a peep out of either dog.
Lucy had already been a running wild dog this morning doing figure 8's in the livingroom and kitchen and was tuckered out to the point of sleeping with her eyes open ... I hate when dogs do that!
I knew what the noise was this morning though and I half expected it because I hadn't been out to feed the birds yet. It's a cold rainy day here and there really hadn't been many birds to my feeder. What few have stopped by have stopped at my finch feeder.... squirrel proof finch feeder.

ting... ting... crinkle.... silence... looooonnng silence..
cRiNkLe! cRiNkLe! cRiNkLe! tinggggg!

uh oh... had it managed to do what I feared?
I never brought in the tin yesterday. I got busy and never thought about it until just now! *sigh*

Well..... guess what?

















I knew it was just a matter of time and they would figure out how to get the tin open.

Well... guess what?


I don't want that tin in the house today... it's been raining out for a few days and the tin is just soaked (dry on the inside!)

So...
Mess with my bird food will ya?
Then I'm gonna mess with you!
Take this you blasted squirrel!
















It's going to be interesting to see what happens to that rock. I did go out and feed the birds so maybe the squirrel will leave the tin alone for a few hours. I moved the tin too over near the railing so I can see it from the window in the door. Maybe I'll be able to snap a pic of the little shit in action if it tries to get back into the tin :)

Hows your Thursday lining up?


2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I think dh used to get pellets at Agway that the squirrels eat & then they DIE! Living in the country he used to get them with the BB gun. LOL!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I don't want to kill them. Plenty find a flat ending out on 48 down front, but when they start knocking at the door for food when there is a black walnut tree and a beachnut tree within 100ft of my feeder they are some spoiled squirrels and they need to find their own way in the 'hood LOL

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home