Monday, December 19, 2005

Sick

No, I don't have a cold. I'm sick over an incident with the puppy. Friday morning while Mikey and I were out getting rid of the mounds of snow and ice we received, the puppy got a hold of my knitting bag. Not my whole bag, but the bag I had just one project in. What totally makes me ill over this is the fact the project was gift for someone and I'm pretty sure I could have had this done over the weekend and in the mail today or tomorrow!
I could just scream!! She chewed the points right off 2 of the needles and ripped one right out of the stitches. I'll have to make a special trip into Syracuse for more needles because none of the craft stores carry size 2 double points. There are several stitches that have ran too. It's right after the heal so I'm not sure if I'll be able to rip it back and be able to know where I am or not. I'm not a good ripper backer when it comes to a project like this. Not that I'm a newbie sock knitter, but I've never really had to do much ripping in a major way like I'll have to with this. I'll probably have to rip it back to before the "turning the heal" stitches. UGH!! This is so my fault too... we know she can get to things hanging on our coat hooks.. she'll leave our coats alone, but we can't leave too much of anything else hanging up there. I should have never hung it up there the night before. I thought though that I'd be knitting all day the next day... not playing snowplow!

On another note I'm also sick over some missing camera lenses. I can't find them anywhere. They were in my camera bag the last I knew and now the little box they were in is gone. I can't imagine I'd take them out of there. I thought the camera book was missing too, but I found that and remember I had it out last week looking at some setting info. This has me baffled. They're close-up lenses so I'd have to take them out for very close work and I don't remember the last time I took anything close-up, but I know the lenses were in there a few weeks ago.

Ok... that was my weekend and now my Monday. It totally sucks!! LOL j/k it's not that bad. Guess I'm more upset than I am sick over it all... upset I didn't think to puppy proof! I'm off to work on laundry (the usual Monday stuff) and I have to do some digging for those lenses.

Laters Dudes and Dudettes!


2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Oh no Terri, I hate you have to go to more trouble :( They will be okay until after Christmas though. Thanks so much for doing this for me! :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I won't be going to any extra trouble. I knit socks so I need more needles no matter what! lol Besides... it's an excuse to go to a yarn store! lol It just makes me mad that this happened to your pair of socks and not a pair for myself.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home