Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Color this project done!

Remember this yarn?
It was my second hand spun yarn on my spindle. I posted about it a few weeks ago. Well shortly after I took it off my spindle and set the twist my step-Mom went into the hospital. I took it up with me to visit her one day. I had in mind a scarf... boring yes, but I wanted a very thin scarf and I thought this yarn would be the perfect thing for the look that I was going for... wrong! I ripped that scarf out about 5 times that day in the hospital and I stopped messing with it for about a week or so. I knew whatever I made out this yarn had to be something special, but a scarf wasn't going to be it.....







What I finally made was this....


Last week when I was in Michaels craft store I found the handles.... btw Michales has really funky/cool purse handles! I knew right away that this yarn would go perfect with these handles!! I snagged them up, came home and by that night the knitted piece for the purse was done and being blocked. I'm tickled with the result. I finished it up yesterday and it was hanging on one of the kitchen pantry door handles when Sherm got home. Now Sherm normally doesn't say too much about my crafts and stuff unless I ask his oinion, but he noticed it right away and said that it turned out pretty neat! I lined it with some purple tie dye cotton from the quilting wall at Jo-Annes. I intended to add a purple and orange felt flower, but when I finished the flower and held it up to the purse it made the purse look very teenish and I didn't want that at all so I left it off. While I was at Michaels I found some neat ribbon type yarns that were discounted from $8.99 to $3.00. I plan on making more purses/bags. I've seen bags made out of rafia, plastic grocery bags cut into strips, blue jeans cut into strips and even lace knitted up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisanne said...

Oh my gosh!!! That's beautiful, Terri! I can't believe that you so easily put that together ~ I'm impressed! I picked up some fabric at Wal-Mart today to make our kitchen curtains. I'm nervous, but I *really* think that they're going to be awesome.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Very cool Terri! Between you & Lisanne I feel like I have no talent for anything crafty. Hmmm, maybe just no motivation any more.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Lisanne- Thanks! I'm already got another purse in mind... in fact I've had a wooden handle set here for a long time just waiting for the proper yarn to come along to match up to it. I might start on it tomorrow. Depends on how much snow I have to clear from the driveways.. it's snowin' like cRaZy here! Curtains are easy to make... I'm sure they'll come out great!

Colleen- *puts hands on hips and gives you the look* I seem to recall you do some pretty beautiful cross stich lady.... don't tell me you don't have any crafty talent!! :P

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love knitting with my homespun. I'm stickin' to blanket squares for now. Someday, I may get adventurous. Or not.

Kerstin
whoopsydaisy.my-expressions.com/

11:45 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That is awesome Terri! Very pretty.That was really easy for you to *whip up*. Sounds like you found a new craft to do. :)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home