Friday, January 06, 2006

Evil mom scares kid!

While watching the 5pm news yesterday this story [Coyotes in Lakeland neighborhood threaten household pets] (sorry...slow loading video) was one we payed a lot of attention to. Not only is Lakeland about 2 miles (as the crow flys) from us, but we've had our own coyotes right here in the woods across the street. We even saw one cross the street in front of us in the truck one day. We also have a friend who used to live out in the country on the other side of town who's husband had to shoot a coyote one day. So talk of coyotes isn't something new in this household. I've heard coyote cries in the Baldwinsville area since '73 or '74. They are nothing new to me. I know they rule the woods. You find one... leave. Slowly, but you leave and you never.. never approach a pup, but we have pets so we wanted to pay attention to this story.

Anyway.....
I'm not sure if it was the story on the news or Mikey and I talking about the coyotes that got his "hearing" a bit sensitive to the coyote call or what, but later in the evening after I had Mikey run some recyclables out to the recycling bin, when he came back in he said he wasn't going out there again because he "heard" coyotes. Ummm I think his "hearing" was fueled a bit by the news story of how the coyotes got someones small dog. Or he could have been hearing the computer calling his name *wise Mom-grin*
Anyway.....
Later in the evening while we were doing some cleaning Sherm was attacking our desk and getting rid of old papers when he ran into the book for my car. I had him put it on Mikey's desk and asked Mikey to run it out to my car along with an air freshener for my car that was suppose to stay in the car after a stop at the grocery store the other day, but was brought in by mistake.
I don't think he remembered what he said about not going back out there because he didn't put up any kind of fight about it.

In steps.... Dum dum dummmmm... (that was super-villain music) Evil Mom!!
I watched from the kitchen window as he went to my car....
Watching...
watching... he can't see me...
Yes!
He'd left the car door open.

I opened the top of one of the kitchen windows...
Just a smidge was all that was needed...
I almost laughed out loud... I'm not good at things like this...
But I managed to take a deep breath and...
"Aroooooooo"

In the car was Mikey, white as can be and he froze. Looking at who knows what... he was like a deer caught in headlights behind the steeringwheel of my car.
He looked like he might pee himself!
I almost pee'd myself holding back wild laughter!
I couldn't hold back the laughter any longer...
I started laughing while the window was still open and he heard me!
The look on his face was priceless...
I know I have it coming to me, but it's not everyday that I get a chance to "get" someone like that.
MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

::Here are some links about the coyote population in NY::
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
NY DEC
Cornell University launches 5 year study on coyote ecology and behavior in urban and suburban areas of New York state

Hey.... Happy Friday!
Laters Dudes and Dudettes

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

lol i put you in a ckokehold remember!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Gee, seems I remember a hurt coyote pup that had to be put down. :)

And that was just not a nice thing to do Mom! LOL!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home