Friday, February 03, 2006

It's FRIDAY!!!

Let's try this again!
I so totally lost my original post *Sigh*

I'm on the big main family computer using Netscape. I haven't posted from here since I got my laptop for Christmas which has Internet Explorer on it. I like both browsers. Guess I need to bounce back and forth a little bit more so I can keep up on both and not feel so list on here when I'm on it. Just now I found myself looking for my red mouse button build into the keyboard on my laptop! AHHHHH It's not there!! LOL

So anyway...
I'm on this computer because I've been having hip problems the past few days. It could be the weather, but it could also be the kitchen chair I've been sitting in while I'm on my laptop. I thought I'd change seats today to see if it helps. So far so good. If it's just the kitchen chairs I'll bring Mikey's computer chair in the kitchen when I use my laptop. Easy fix! I'd prefer the big leather computer chair as the seat is longer (it comes to the back of my knees) but it's a bit low and made my hips hurt. I'm just falling apart.... it sucks to get old. Lastnight was a super bad evening. My hips and knees were just killing me. I went to get up on a kitchen chair to get the zippy bags off the top pantry shelf and I ended up with my one knee buckling under me on my way up, which left me squatting on the chair.... I was stuck! I couldn't get up, couldn't get down. There was nothing for me to grab a hold of to pull myself up with or to hold onto while I tried to turn around or anything. The chair was blocking the lower pantry doors so I couldn't get a handhold at my level. I almost panicked, but I managed to get turned around while squatting on the chair without falling off!! Holy! That so totally hurt. Mikey was like..."What can I do?" He's such a big help. Even after I was off the chair he himself tried to get up and get the zippy bags for me, but because of his CP and balance issues he was scared to try. BUT... he did try!! He managed to get the box down for me with a coat hanger.... he's a really cool dude! BTW he has an 84.5 average in school!! He lost less than 3 points total from last making period which is great because he had a really tough time with math this time around and dropped 10 points in his math average...he's still more than passing it though. We did have some homework issues this week, but that's been taken care of and he's agreed he needs to do some math here at home... I'll either find something on the internet or Sherm will make up some questions for him to practice on or both. I hope to find internet stuff for him as I think that would make it more fun for him.

Ok
::Moving on::
I forget a date in my Dates-N-Things
Today is February 3rd, 2006 National Go Red for Woman Day
"Go Red For Women is the American Heart Association’s nationwide movement that celebrates the energy, passion and power we have as women to band together and wipe out heart disease. Thanks to the participation of millions of people across the country, the color red and the red dress have become linked with the ability all women have to improve their heart health and live stronger, longer lives."
I'll be wearing my red fuzzy scarf today!
ok...Off to... what else... do some laundry! lol
I want to get a jump on the laundry around here before next week starts.

Happy Friday Everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisanne said...

Congrats to Mikey! That's awesome! Keep me posted on his new blog.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hope you're feeling better today & able to move around. Congrats to Mikey on his grades!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home